Terms and Conditions
Rules and Compliance Governing Debbie’s Celebration Barn
Debbie’s Celebration Barn is proud of our barn, its heritage and facilities, and we hope our renters will treat our property with respect. In an effort to eliminate confusion, to know what is and is not acceptable and provide you with the best possible event, Debbie’s Celebration Barn has created this document.
Payments and Fees
- Rental fees for the venue and facilities vary upon start and stop times, amount of the facilities required and number of days required.
- During an event, a fee of $100 is charged for use of the on-site camper (to be pre-arranged with Debbie Sedrel prior to event date)
- In the event of cancellation outside 1 year of the event date, the rental fee is fully refundable. In the event of cancellation inside 1 year of the event date, the rental fee is 100% forfeit.
- Any refunds will be mailed to the name and address of the renter provided in the signed rental contract.
- Full payment of your event must be received thirty (30) days prior to event date.
- A security deposit in the sum of $500.00 (must be a separate check) will be held as a guarantee for your event date as well as a guarantee for any damages/incurred expenses during your event. Rental deposit must be paid in full to confirm your reservation date. If the premises/property is left in the condition agreed upon and/or the rules followed, the deposit will be returned. If the property is unsatisfactory and/or the rules are not followed, it will not be returned.
Liability and Responsibility
- All renters are required to sign this written agreement at the time of booking. Please ask questions if you are unsure about any of the detail listed in this agreement. We strongly urege you to share this agreement with other key people in your party and/or event planner/coordinator.
- The reserving party will be held responsible for any damages caused by their guests and their activities during the entire time the party has access to the property. Any damage(s) to the property or premises will be the financial responsibility of the reter.
- Debbie’s Celebration Barn is not responsible for the loss or damage of any personal property brought into or onto Debbie’s Celebration Barn property.
- Debbie’s Celebration Barn assumes no liability for any personal injury or personal property damage associated with the rental of the facilities.
- It is the responsibility of the renter to maintain a controlled event environment. If your event is not controlled, Debbie’s Celebration Barn reserves the right to terminate the event and/or contact local law enforcement.
- Renter and renter’s guests are expected to be courteous and professional with all Debbie’s Celebration Barn staff.
- Unless the on-site camper has been previously agreed upon for your event with Debbie Sedrel, it will not be used.
- Smoking is not allowed indoors. Please use the appropriate outdoor receptacles.
- Out of respect for Debbie’s Celebration Barn’s neighbors, and in accordance with the Oskaloosa City Noise Nuisance code 9.12.040, outdoor sound and amplification is not allowed.
- An outside fire pit is available—wood will be provided by Debbie’s Celebration Barn. Clean-up in this area is your responsibility. Children must be accompanied by adult supervision with regards to use of the fire pit and lay area.
- When outdoors, please keep children on Debbie’s Celebration Barn property.
- Acceptable decorations inside Debbie’s Celebration Barn are table decorations, baskets/vases of flowers, freestanding items, balloons and battery activated votive candles (no real flame candles are allowed).
- NO OPEN FLAME DECORATIONS!
- The use of confetti or glitter prohibited both inside the barn and outside.
- Nothing may be stapled, tacked, nailed or screwed to or into the walls or woodwork. Glue, glue dots or hot glue of any kind is also not allowed to be used on any of the barn walls or woodwork. If this rule causes you hardship in fulfilling your needs, acceptable applications for decorating the walls are tape (no scotch or duct tape—only blue painters tape is allowed), removable mounting putty and Command strips (any residue left after your event on walls and woodwork will be constituted as unacceptable with regards to your security deposit refund.
- Please bring your own decorating supplies and tools, including ladders and extension cords, as we do not provide these.
- Table and chair covers are not provided, but may be rented from Debbie’s Celebration Barn.
- Tables and chairs may be used indoors or outdoors; however, if spandex table and chair covers are rented from Debbie’s Celebration Barn, they may only be used indoors.
- All details with photographers, cake decorators, DJs, decorations,etc. must be communicated to and approved by Debbie’s Celebration Barn prior to your event.
- All vehicles must be parked in the designated parking areas on Debbie’s Celebration Barn property.
- Due to the possible fire hazard and liability issues, the use of Paper Sky Lanterns is restricted to two lanterns and must be approved by Debbie’s Celebration Barn.
- Fireworks (such as bottle rockets, fountains, strobes, roman candles and sky rockets) are NOT allowed! The reserving party will be held responsible for any damages caused by their guests, should they break this rule and Debbie’s Celebration Barn reserves the right to terminate the event and/or contact local law enforcement.
- Sparklers are allowed, as long as they are only hand-held sparkler and the renting party provides a dousing source (such as five-gallon buckets of water) to place finished sparklers as a fire preventative and to keep the grounds clean.
- A fee of $100 is charged for use of the on-site camper, located on the Debbie’s Celebration Barn premises and is for the duration of your Debbie’s Celebration Barn rental agreement date(s).
- If a renter of Debbie’s Celebration Barn chooses to use the on-site camper during their event, the same rules apply from the barn to the camper, with regards to the original $500,00 deposit. If the camper is left in the condition agreed upon and/or the rules are followed, the original barn rental deposit will be returned. If the property is unsatisfactory and/or the rules are not followed, the original barn rental deposit will not be returned.
- No food is to be left in the refrigerator. No dirty dishes are to be left behind. Any spills or stains should be taken care of by the renter or addressed with regards to having said spills/stains removed at a later date agreed upon at renter’s expense.
- Camper should be as clean as it was when renter arrived.
- The reserving party will be held responsible for any damages caused by their guests & their activities during the entire time the party had access to the on-site camper. Any damage(s) to the on-site camper will be the financial responsibility of the renter.
- Debbie’s Celebration Barn assumes no liability for any personal injury or personal property damage associated with the on-site camper.
- Debbie’s Celebration Barn is not responsible fro the loss or damage of any personal property brought into or onto the on-site camper at Debbie’s Celebration Barn.
Food and Drink
- All alcohol must be purchased from Debbie’s Celebration Barn and be served by a Debbie’s Celebration Barn bartender.
- Bringing your own alcohol onto ANY of Debbie’s Celebration Barn premises is not an option.
- Alcohol purchased at Debbie’s Celebration Barn cannot leave the property.
- The Debbie’s Celebration Barn owner, manager and/or bartender will have the final say on serving of alcohol. We will not overserve; we will I.D. and we will NOT serve minors.
- Other than what is provided by a professional caterer, no outside non-alcoholic beverages may be brought onto the premises of Debbie’s Celebration Barn.
- Only non-staining punch will be allowed/served.
- If provided by a professional caterer, chocolate fountains are allowed, know that any spills or stains should be taken care of by the caterer/renter or addressed with regards to having said spills/stains removed at a later date agreed upon at renter’s expense.
Clean Up Requirements
- You are responsible for all clean up during and after the event. A vomit clean-up kit is available and their location(s) can be shown in the event of needing their use. The renter of the facility must be able to provide a list of names of those who will be cleaning up after the event.
- Renter is responsible for clearing tales, returning chairs to carts and moving carts and tables to either the north or south side of the barn.
- At the conclusion of the event:<
- All cleanup must be completed and personal property removed.
- All garbage will be placed in trash bags furnished by Debbie’s Celebration Barn and placed in the outdoor garbage dumpster.
- All restrooms will be left in an orderly condition.
- All rooms will be swept.
- The renter is responsible for ensuring all chairs and all tabletops are clean and countertops including the buffet area are wiped down.
- If there is an excess of food or liquid leftover at the end of the event, please do not dump any food or liquids outside or onto the grounds! A five gallon bucket is provided for excess liquids for our staff to dispose of and our staff will dispose of excess food to our compost facility.
- All litter and debris in the law and parking lot areas will be picked up.
- Please be advised that we here at Debbie’s Celebration Barn take pride in our facilities and want to keep it beautiful for every future guest. If you event is not controlled, and/o extra cleaning is required following your event, your deposit will be forfeited. Thank you for respecting our property.
Deadlines and Timelines
- At the time of booking the Event:
- Owner and/or manager will meet with Renter(s)
- Rules must be initialed by all Renters and Compliance must be signed
- The $500.00 deposit is required to hold the facility/date for the Event.
- 30 days prior to the Event date, final payment of Event rental is due.
- 2 weeks prior to the Event date, Renter/Event Planner should meet or communicate with Owner/Manager of Debbie’s Celebration Barn to finalize any decisions or changes that need to be made. Examples include:
- Finalize Event guest head count.
- Finalize Event room layouts
- Finalize alcohol order/requests.
- Finalize timeline for the day of the event
- Finalize any “last minute” optional rentals, such as chair cover/brooches, table covers, on-site camper use.
Debbie’s Celebration Barn Rule and Compliance Form
- I acknowledge for myself and for my heirs that I understand, agree and accept the inherent/possible risk associated with the rental of Debbie’s Celebration Barn. I release Debbie’s Celebration Barn from any and all liability for personal injury or personal property damage or loss as a result or rental and use of the property and the facilities on the premises of Debbie’s Celebration Barn.
- I have carefully read this rule and compliance form, understand it and voluntarily sign it. I acknowledge it to be legally binding on myself and my heirs. In signing I understand this agreement is binding upon all who use the property and facilities and Debbie’s Celebration Barn while present during the time I have rented and that it is my responsibility to make others in my party and my guests aware of this agreement.
- I agree to comply with the “Rules and Compliance Governing Debbie’s Celebration Barn” and “Terms” and I agree it is my responsibility to inform others in my party and my guests of these rules and terms.
- I agree to be financially responsible for full payment of the final bill and for any facility and property damage occurring during the time Debbie’s Celebration Barn is rented for the event. These damages do not include normal wear and tear.
- I release, defend and indemnify Debbie’s Celebration Barn from any and all claims and lawsuits (including legal expenses and reasonable attorney fees) arising out of this Rule and Compliance Form or renting party’s use of the premises.
- I agree that any dispute arising under this Rules and Compliance Form/contract and/or from any use by me of any of the premises or facilities at or of Debbie’s Celebration Barn shall be litigated exclusively in the District Court of Mahaska County, Iowa, and that all claims and suits shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa.